Sunday, June 7, 2020

Tips for Freelancer Success



Everyone certainly wants to feel success, especially in a career as a freelancer, there are some friends that I can say have successful careers in the field of design, especially freelancers and me too. So, what criteria make the benchmark of a successful freelancer? Many factors and hockey usually.
I try to tell my experience. The beginning of my career as a freelancer began in 2013. At that time I did not have a career view of what I would pursue. I used to be someone who can be said to be versatile. My Basic is a computer technician, then I am active as a freelancer writer and also as a Quality Assurance (Profession being a user who tests a website and looks for bugs or errors). job advertising site
In that year, I didn't think I would become a designer, maybe this was God's will. and already nets. I was met with my friend who works as a designer. it was there that I started studying to become a designer. Incidentally staying in one boarding house. So meet often. Long story short I was offered to make a website and the value of the project at that time was around $ 500. Who would not want the offer, I was forced to try this challenge while studying design. the application that I use is Adobe Photoshop, in the past there were no applications such as Sketch App, Figma or AdobeXD. cuman Photoshop used to be the most popular application for various needs. Because my basic is QA so I memorized which website is a good reference or not.
Starting from there I was addicted to study the world of design, especially in UI / UX because I thought finding extra money in the design world was wet (hard and difficult) and did not depend on other people. And the reason I became a designer was not because of a hobby, but because of the material. 
My career started from the platform where Elance is, that's where my freelancer career skyrocketed and met with outside clients. even though my English is still mediocre. But I forced myself to be able and able to educate. The results of a career in the Elance platform (Now Upwork ) I can get what I want. For example, dream laptops, vehicles, homes and even your wife. I can marry my wife thanks to the results of the freelancers can also help the family. Understandably my family is not rich, but middle to lower.

1. Exercise

Yes, this is the main point. practice often and pursue the profession that you want to achieve. Examples in the design world, I often practice in projects that are really real. while earning money while studying. but accompanied by a mentor or friend who is an expert in his field. From there you get a design portfolio plus dollar coffers. But if you are still zero, I suggest practicing first. Practicing today has many sources. can be from Youtube, Udemy, Skillshare and many more. Really easy. not like my old days.

2. Language

The second main capital is language, the common language used is English. if you haven't really been able to. I suggest you start learning first, if necessary, for example courses such as EngishFirst, LIA, Wallstreet. Take a year program. At least you will understand. At least writing. if you have not enough capital to study, you can learn for free on the Duolingo or Busuu application.

3. Portfolio

Especially for those who want a career in the world of design or as a front-end website or application developer, you must have a portfolio of at least 3-5 portfolios to be able to show your prospective clients. Because without a portfolio, your profession is less convincing. If you have friends who are the same profession and have a portfolio, you can ask permission first to borrow it. With a note, that you are also able to make designs / applications like that.

4. Time

Use the best time possible, time is very valuable for a freelancer, especially freelancers with outside clients. They apply to work with the type of hour. For those who don't have a client, use at least 1-2 hours a day to practice according to the profession you want to pursue. When you have many active clients, your days will be busy with projects, projects and projects. Really a holic worker.

5. Pray

Finally, this is optional, but it is very effective, ask for support from parents, always prayed in every service that is performed. both Muslim and non-Muslim. Also from you because without the will of God, everything will not come true. Because if your intentions are good, anything will be made easy and don't forget to do good works.
Now that's a short story and Tips for Successful Freelancers, the 5 points above are common things I can say. Many people will find boredom or already lazy in the middle of the road. But believe me I did all 5 points seriously. And I have felt the results even now. Send regards for success!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Guide to Different Types of Facial Treatments

 Due to the popularity of the treatments, people often have many questions about the procedures. You can also combine other skin procedures ...